Truly “Sweet” DIY Anniversary Party Favors
Make your own DIY anniversary party favors! Perfect for any couple who wants the world to know that their love is still “sweet,” this simple favor idea requires only ribbon, cookies and a personalized anniversary tag from BigDotofHappiness.com. Bake a few batches of the couple’s favorite cookies, wrap individual stacks in coordinating ribbon and add a personalized tag. The resulting party favor is easy, inexpensive and best of all, meaningful!
Although this favor idea works for any year, the following recipe for golden ginger-spice cookies (which was adapted from a Taste of Home cookbook) would be perfect for a 50th anniversary party!
- 1 ¼ cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup golden brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsps light molasses
- Mix flour, cinnamon, ginger, baking soda, salt and cloves in a medium bowl and set aside.
- In a larger bowl, beat butter and brown sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in egg and molasses.
- With the beater on low, slowly add the dry ingredients.
- Cover bowl with plastic and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and lightly butter two cookie sheets.
- Place sugar in a shallow dish.
- Roll the dough into 1 ¼-inch balls, then roll in the sugar to coat.
- Arrange the dough balls on the baking sheets, keeping them about 2 inches apart. With the bottom of a glass, gently press down to flatten each dough ball.
- Bake about 12 minutes, or until cookies puff slightly but are still soft. Remove from oven and let cool.
The sugar topping gives each golden brown cookie a bit of “sparkle” that’s perfect for an anniversary party. What a lovely addition to an anniversary candy buffet or dessert table!
Click here to see Big Dot of Happiness’ entire 50th anniversary theme!