Top 10 Outdoor Bridal Shower Tips and a Checklist for Stress-Free Celebrations
It’s the season of beautiful bridal showers and gorgeous brides. If you have chosen to celebrate at an outdoor venue, make sure to follow these easy tips to make your day as wonderful - and stress-free - as possible! Be sure to stay on task by downloading our free printable checklist.
1. Save the elaborate bridal shower décor, like huge expensive bouquets of expensive flowers. Nature is your friend on this one, so let its beauty compliment your bridal shower theme.
2. Clamp tablecloths down (or tape underneath the table) in case of a big gust of wind.
4. If your venue won’t let you hang lights, bring along some table lanterns for late-day or evening events.
5. Pick a place with playground equipment for any children that may be attending.
6. Be sure to make reservations early. Summer is also the season of graduation parties and family reunions, so park pavilions are in high demand.
7. Go with outdoor-friendly food. It can be as simple as burgers and hot dogs or you can get fresh pasta dishes from a local restaurant. The object here is not to have to worry about catering and all it entails.
8. Provide specific directions to the venue for bridal shower guests. (I learned this hard way, when one of my friends ended up driving around for a hour, gave up, and headed home.)
9. Bring your stereo or iPod dock to play mixes of your favorite party music. The best part about this? There is no chance of hearing a song you don’t like, or of not hearing songs you love!
10. Bring a few umbrellas just in case an unexpected summer storm comes your way.