Baby Shower Tips From Hostess Heroes
Posted on April 4, 2012 by Lindsey Mattson
A baby shower is a celebration of the Mommy-To-Be and allows her closest friends and family to show their support. Keeping her interests in mind when planning her shower will make it an event to remember and make you a Hostess Hero.
- Plan ahead. Get your invitations out early so guests can make plans to attend.
- Make guests feel comfortable. Great each guest and make the appropriate introductions. Provide name tags so that everybody can identify the other guests as they might not know each other.
- Choose a baby shower theme . The baby shower theme can be the nursery theme, one that fits the time of year or one to represent Mommy-To-Be's personality. Baby shower decorations can then be used later as nursery décor.
- Baby shower games help guests interact with each other. Games are a great ice breaker as the crowd mingles. Fabulous 5 baby shower game cards are a stress-free way to get the party started!
- Have enough baby shower favors for each guest. Baby shower favors are a fun keepsake for each guest. Having a few extra is good in case you have last minute guests show up.
- Give Mommy-To-Be a comfortable chair for the gift opening. Remember the day is a celebration of Mommy-To-Be, so make sure she is comfortable and bring the gifts to her. Have someone designated to keep track of which guest gave her what gift and put thank you card envelopes at each place setting so guests can fill in their mailing address.
- Start the shower on time. You will be surprised at how long it can take to eat, play games, open gifts and eat cake!
- Walk each guest to the door and thank them for coming to the shower. It makes them each feel extra special for attending.