6 Tips for Bargaining with Vendors
Posted on March 21, 2012 by Big Dot
Easily get the the best deal on flowers, venues, music and more with these 6 tips:
- Set a budget. Vendors are better equipped to help you out when they know what you can spend.
- Pick your party theme, then buy all of your decorations in one place. BigDotOfHappiness.com offers themed party packs and free personalization so you can make the event YOU-nique!
- Know what you need. Don’t get sucked into things you don’t really need, like a coat check for a summer event. Ask what packages your vendor can offer and pick one that has things you need - then ask about the cost of extras.
- Adopt a friendly but firm attitude. Being polite and assertive helps you and your vendor when working out the details - and encourages the vendor to come up with creative solutions for your budget.
- Be prepared to walk away. If negotiations aren’t working out, politely say “No, thank you” and continue looking for a different vendor.
- Know what’s in season. This applies to everything from flowers to food. Order what’s in season to cut costs - there will be no need to ship special orders just for your event.
Follow us on Pinterest for more party planning tips and tricks.
Posted by Lindsey, a Dot-arilla Blogger