Gender Reveal Party Idea: Vote for Baby’s Gender with These DIY Party Pins!
Posted on June 20, 2012 by Big Dot
If you read yesterday’s post about BigDotofHapinness.com’s new Gender Reveal Party theme, you may have noticed that one of our party-planning expert’s favorite gender reveal party ideas is to encourage guests to vote for the baby’s gender with DIY party pins, and this free tutorial will show you how to make those adorable pins! Using personalized sticker labels, some card stock paper, pin backers and glue, these pins can be created before the party and then displayed in decorative bowls or containers next to a chalkboard or white board on which your guests can tally their gender votes. The pins can be included as part of your gender reveal party favors, and when the baby’s gender is revealed, a photo of the winning “team” (those who guessed correctly) can be taken for your baby book. What an adorable and easy-to-make gender reveal party idea!
Download your free printable: How to Make Gender Reveal Party Pins
- Round, personalized sticker labels
- Card stock paper
- Circle cutter
- Flat-backed craft pins
- Using a 1.5” circle cutter or an object that measures about 1.5” in diameter, trace a circle for each of your guests on a piece of card stock paper.
- Cut out each circle. These circles will become your pin backers.
- Place a round, personalized sticker label on the front of each card stock circle.
- Glue a flat-backed pin to the back of each circle.
Your guests will love being able to actively participate in such a fun activity at your gender reveal party. After all, they’re probably as excited as you are to find out whether you’re having a boy or a girl!
We’d love to see photos of your winning “team” wearing their DIY party pins at your gender reveal party! Share your party photos with us on Big Dot of Happiness’ Facebook page.