Every stage of your children brings new joys and challenges. I am loving the one year old stage with my son. He gives big kisses (wet sloppy ones), holds my hand when he walks (melts my heart), says hi to everyone (in his sweet little voice), and sings (more like a hum) to his music books. Along with all of his new milestones come new challenges. As a new parent I am always learning new things about parenthood and finding out what works for my son. Even through the hard times my husband and I are enjoying every minute of being parents and love going on new adventures with our son.
These are few of my son’s favorite things and must-haves for moms with a one year old. Don’t forget to get something new for yourself; you deserve a little something extra after reaching the one year mark (checkout number 1 and 9).
1. Better Life Bags // I was so ready for a new diaper bag after lugging our current one around for a year. After a year you don't need to carry as much stuff with you, so I wanted something smaller that was easy to carry.
2. Nuk Learner Cup // My son hated so many of the popular sippy cups that my friends were using. There is quite the selection of sippy cups at stores and it can be overwhelming trying to find the right one. One day while looking at all the options at Target the Nuk Learner Cup caught my eye and it has been a lifesaver. My son loves the soft nip and handles, and we are officially bottle free after finding these gems.
3. Munchkin Snack Catcher // Perfect for afternoon snacks and when you are on the go. Your little one is able to enjoy their snack and hold it by themselves.
4. Little Tikes Ball Drop and Roll // My son is in a phase where he loves balls, a typical boy. Anything with a ball is his new favorite toy. We have several toys with a similar concept like this including a basketball hoop and he loves dropping the ball through the hoop.
5. Melissa & Doug Jumbo Know Puzzles // One of my son's favorite things to do is walk around with the puzzles pieces and bang them together like he is playing the symbols. He also likes trying to put the pieces in the puzzle.
6. Fisher Price Flip Books // Books are a must-have for one year olds. My son’s favorite playtime activity is reading books. He loves books that have little flips where you can see pictures under them. Peek-a-boo is one of his favorite games, so it doesn't surprise me that he loves flip books. I also enjoy lots of snuggle time with him while we look at his books.
7. Mickey Mouse Clubhouse: Let's Sing // Some of his other favorite books are the ones that are sing-a-longs. He even kind of sings to them - its more like a hum, but it's so cute.
8. Fisher Price Corn Popper // Every child needs to have the classic corn popper or something to push around. My son loves dragging this around the house and the noises it makes.
9. Luca Jewery Nameplate Bracelet // This is the perfect Mother's Day gift, I am going to start dropping hints to my hubby that I want a bracelet or necklace with my son's name and birth date. I would love wearing a piece of jewelry that my represents my son because in a way he would always be with me during the day.
I hope you enjoyed my must-haves and find them helpful. I would love to hear from other moms about their must-haves, and tips and tricks they have learned a long the way.